Saturday 14 November 2015

My thoughts on Prusa I3 (2) : Machining the Vertical Plate and the heated bed support.

The Heated Bed support and the vertical plate is machined from 1 piece of 8mm acrylic that I salvage from somewhere. So it is considered free . If you do not have a milling machine, you can consider buying it. For your info, you need not machine it until like this. I simply had a rectangular plate. It is not that heavy. I was lazy and the milling machine was not that good, So I did not reduce the size too much... But I managed to cut some slots for the linear bearings...


For Heated Bed I used Mk2. Now Mk3 is produced. It will be good as you can possibly lift the bed rather than lowering the extruder. MK2 must be mounted with a flat surface glass. I salvaged a a scanner glass and cut to size...

 Mk 2B.

The New Mk3 is availlable and it has a aluminium layer on it. So not more glass panel. This is good. I will use Mk3 when I have a chance.  But becareful when you buy MK3, Make sure it is MK3. Some supplier make MK2a/2b BLACK.......

No comments:

Post a Comment