Saturday 14 November 2015

My Prusa I3 .............

I built a prusa I3 some 1 years ( or 2 years ago)....     And till now it work better than I had expected.  But of course, I improved it through out these many months,

My Prusa I3 
My built Plan was from http://reprap.org/wiki/RepRap_Options  here.  There are many plans here but do bear in mind, not all work well. 

My reason for choosing Prusa I3. 
I find that Prusa I3 is probably the most easy to built 3D printer that I can find and it is very well documeted . I had a 8 mm acrylic  which I salvage somewhere. I reused it , mill into 2 parts. 1 for the heated bed and the other for the vertical stand,  I used milling machine to cut a center hole. This center square hole become my base for the headed bed., The vertical  stand 

It is very well documented here. http://reprap.org/wiki/Prusa_i3. But beware, it may not be the best....
Thinking back, if you want to built one , but might want to consider other models like Wilson etc. I will blog the reasons why Prusa i3 may not be a good model to follow. 

Where do I get/buy the components from ?


I bought the threaded rod, screws  from local hardware shop. I bought the other components like RAMPS 1.4, Heated bed, linear bearing, 5 Nema 17 Stepper motors , J-head extruder from a shop call  RobotDigg. http://www.robotdigg.com/ .  I paid about USD 230 including DHL. 
The quality is GOOD, compare to other parts that I bought later at ebay, especially the linear bearing.
 The motor was good, the hotend was good.  I receive the items few days later. Really fast...  Well packed....

The green PLA 3 d printed parts are printed from Cube 3d. I am sure it is the worst 3D printer I had used. Expensive and poor results.  The STL file can be found in the wiki page that I referred to above. But since this is the only 3D printer I can access to, I used it to printer out all the parts that I need. Hopefully it will work till I can reproduce another set. I let you see what happen to cubify 3D printout . 

Ok ....Soon I will upgrade this set to a Aluminium profile structure with Mk3 heat bed. Also I am building my first CNC machine . I had some ball screw rods and I managed to test the arduino CNC V3 and IT WORKS...

No comments:

Post a Comment